Identify Hydraulic Pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagler

Nov 10, 2015
Columbus
Anyone know what pump this is? I can't find any kind of stampings on it.

V2aOMV5.jpg

ux3Cj0Q.jpg

I can't find any kind of stampings on it.
You sure? I don't think I have ever seen a pump that didn't have identifying marks of some nature. I suppose it is possible, but I would have to guess rare.

Do you know what it came off of?

I notice a chain on the bench, this pump wasn't originally a chain drive unit, was it?

Ahhh...I see from your other thread that this was a chain drive pump on a home built splitter. Those were generally a small GPM single stage pump. The standard two stage pump used on splitters of today are not designed for side load on the shaft.

Last edited:
The stampings may just be covered by paint I suppose. It came on a homemade splitter I bought. Trying to decide if I want to try to use it or not.

The stampings may just be covered by paint I suppose. It came on a homemade splitter I bought. Trying to decide if I want to try to use it or not.
I would bet not. Most of those were small GPM single stage pumps. If I was looking correctly, it appears that the old motor on your splitter has a gear reduction on the output shaft. Probably the only way to turn that single stage to any kind of pressure with that small of HP engine. Do yourself a favor and get the proper two stage pump.

I would bet not. Most of those were small GPM single stage pumps. If I was looking correctly, it appears that the old motor on your splitter has a gear reduction on the output shaft. Probably the only way to turn that single stage to any kind of pressure with that small of HP engine. Do yourself a favor and get the proper two stage pump.

It looks to me like it may have been a truck PTO pump, I would guess around 15 GPM. Do yourself a favor and get a 2 stage splitter pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.