Identify this Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaroot86

Dec 30, 2013
White Hall, Maryland
Any experts? The top slant makes me think Fisher, but the glass doors and no fisher logo on the front steers me away. Thanks

00L0L_78faycVGH1N_600x450.jpg

I don't think it's a Lopi. They proudly cast their name into the door. It looks like there may be a name in the upper right front corner of the stove though it's hard to tell. High Valley?

Yeah I cannot find any information on a stepped top High Valley. The doors look feasible, but the only bi-fold door type stove I have seen from them has ornate metal framing out the glass; which is different than the simplistic glass doors on this model. I am looking for an older, quality stove to refurb/reseal and heat my basement with. I had a link on a nice VC resolute but it was sold a day too early. I would like to stick with a VC, Jotul, Fisher, Buck, or something else high quality; but my price point definitely puts me in the used category. I have found a Comforter local, and it is in very good shape; but I feel it is a bit small for what he is asking for it. I'd hate to pipe it in, only to tear it out next winter for something larger. I have a 2400 SF home, would like to run this stove in the basement, and then utilize my fan/ductwork to circulate the warmer air throughout my house.

If any one has something for sale in the MD/Southern PA region please let me know. This would be a supplemental heating source for my new HE heat pump, but mainly as a backup for if I lose power & don't want to run a generator to operate the forced air system. Not to mention I already have a ton of wood, since my shop is fired by a wood stove. Thanks!

This is another one I am going to look at. Any ideas on make and model? Comes with a decorative nickel cast top cover I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a Taiwanese reproduction. Like Lopi, most old stove companies will have their name proudly cast into the iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.