If This Rain Ever Stops...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wawa Coffee

Jul 24, 2016
SEPA
I'll get to load this up.

15841_zpsibwaaaq5.jpe

When I'm done I'll be done with my 3 year supply. I have firewood for this season. I'll have firewood c/s/s for next season, and I have a few cords stacked in rounds that I'll split in the spring for the winter of 2018-2019.

NOW THE RAIN NEEDS TO STOP!

Reactions: excessads
Careful one way rain stops is the white fluffy stuff.

Nice setup

Reactions: Lakeside
Finally cleared up and turned into a great day. Tonight down to 40 and tomorrow down to 36. I sense a stove lighting. :)

Was empty this morning. I've got Wednesday off and will finish the job. Finally the cool weather...

IMG_20161009_154313682_zpsoao1oaoe.jpg

Normally I'm right with ya on liking the snow, but not rain ... but after a low snow winter and an unusually dry spring and summer I'm kind of hoping for more rain this fall.

Reactions: mikey517
Snow I'm good with. Rain can pound sand.
Snow certainly looks nicer but rain doesn't need to be shoveled. Moderation is the key. My brother in NC got 15 inches of rain from Matthew. That caused lots of problems in his area but at least he's OK. The only damage he sustained was an uprooted 50' pine tree. Too bad he lives so far away, otherwise I would have tossed the saws in the car and helped him buck the thing once the flooding subsided.

View attachment 185288

When I'm done I'll be done with my 3 year supply. I have firewood for this season. I'll have firewood c/s/s for next season, and I have a few cords stacked in rounds that I'll split in the spring for the winter of 2018-2019.

What size is your shed?

We have severe drought. At this point I'll take rain/snow/sleet/hail idc.. Wells are drying up

We have severe drought. At this point I'll take rain/snow/sleet/hail idc.. Wells are drying up

Me too...........bring on some rain.............please

bob

Reactions: mikey517

View attachment 185288

Nice job.

bob

I only use two small covers for the group that is burning next.
Sunshine and wind yesterday so the covers came off for a lil' dehydration.
Rained overnite and still raining now at 10am. Nice. lol
Luckily the totes and carts are full in the garage.
Some laid out in the crawlspace, etc.

Drought warnings issued in Jersey yesterday. A few wells are going dry. I'll take a nice rain storm...

Were those sheds easy to build? Looks like what I have in mind for next spring.

I didn't build them. I have no skillz sadly. :(

A buddy of mine and his friend did them both - took them about 3 hours for each. They said it was easy. I don't think any of it looks easy. :)

16375_zpscbnqbbxo.jpe

Building a small wood shed is a fair beginners project. No time like the present to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.