If you want the new eko controller dont buy yet!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it may require additional sensors??? Such as one to know when either the bypass is open and/or the top door is open? Could be interesting...

keeping established boiler's temperature by defogger controlling,
liquid eliminating gas detonation blower starting,
blower power setting (service mode),
boiler's blow programmable,
control automatic stopping right after boiler going off,
blower's blockade while boiler loading,
controlling with central heating pump,
"COMFORT SYSTEM" - system of pump blocking protection while boiler's down time,
protection against boiler overheating and freezing,
light controlling in case of temperature sensor damage,
display intense toned increased in time of regulating.

tax,
I believe that control system is the EKOSTER 2 regulator and only available in Poland. Don't quote me on that , I got that info from a supplier further up the line
Brooksie

Brooksie1964 said:
tax,
I believe that control system is the EKOSTER 2 regulator and only available in Poland. Don't quote me on that , I got that info from a supplier further up the line
Brooksie

I am sure it is but maybe we can get it in the us soon.............Another remote control for the american household WAHOOOO!!!!!

I think Brooksie is right.

The thing about controllers made for the European market (I believe) is that they are limited to 80 degrees C, which is only about 175 degrees F. I think it's code in most Euro countries. And the controllers read out in C., which is a minor detail, but some of us can't seem to get our minds around Centigrade.

The controller made for the U.S. market, the RK2001U, reads out in F. and runs up to 195 degrees F. I've found that extra 15 or 20 degrees makes a big difference in how my system operates. It's much more responsive, and I think more efficient, at the higher temps.

One nice feature on the Ekoster is that it will kick on the circulator when the boiler water temp gets down to 4 degrees C. Assuming the piping hasn't frozen up by that point, it's a nice boiler protection feature.

That's the controller that I have on my 25. It's the ekoster 2. Eric is right, it only goes to 80*C but so far it seems to work for me since I'm heating with radiant and do not have much load. We'll see, when I increase my storage this spring from 105 gal. to 500 gal. The only thing I dislike is that if it does not achieve a particular temperature upon start in a particular amount of time, it shuts down and needs to be restarted. However since it is the only controller I've ever used, I'm fine with it. It takes some time for the brain to switch over to celcius. I have conversion charts all over the system in the form of in line thermometers that have both scales on them.

I think you can set the time-span for achieving temp to a longer interval to give your boiler more time to get up to temp before going into FUEL mode. At least you can with the RK2001U. Somebody posted a link to the manual in a thread recently. Do a search for it if you don't have a copy handy. It takes a little effort to dope out the Polish to English translation, but you should be able to figure out how to do it.

Eric Johnson said:
I think Brooksie is right.

The thing about controllers made for the European market (I believe) is that they are limited to 80 degrees C, which is only about 175 degrees F. I think it's code in most Euro countries. And the controllers read out in C., which is a minor detail, but some of us can't seem to get our minds around Centigrade.

The controller made for the U.S. market, the RK2001U, reads out in F. and runs up to 195 degrees F. I've found that extra 15 or 20 degrees makes a big difference in how my system operates. It's much more responsive, and I think more efficient, at the higher temps.

One nice feature on the Ekoster is that it will kick on the circulator when the boiler water temp gets down to 4 degrees C. Assuming the piping hasn't frozen up by that point, it's a nice boiler protection feature.

Eric,
your controler will do the same thing, it will circulate if the water falls below 40 deg F

Rob

I didn't know that, Rob. It's good to hear. Thanks!

Thanks Eric and Brooksie for the info. When I have a few minutes I'll check out lengthening the start cycle time. Right now I'm spending a few hours a day working on my storage tank.
I did notice that the ekoster 2 will modulate the fan down to 20%. I didn't try it down that low but having set mine at 70% the fan takes much more time to get any speed at "blow through" before it shuts off. I'm sure this is because it has that "soft start" feature.

shoeboxlen said:
wish they would take a couple bucks out of developing a new controller and put it into developing a darn door gasket that does not leak and the consumer has to fix for them. GRRRRRRR

Ditto's smokey!

Status
Not open for further replies.