Igniter Fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrspaceman

Oct 22, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Good Morning:

I have a Lennox Traditions T300P Pellet Stove. It has worked flawlessly for since 2003. This past Saturday, it would not light. Turns out the igniter fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and it worked for about a week, at which point, the fuse blew again. The subsequent replacement fuse blew immediately. Given the simplicity of the circuit, my next thought is to replace the igniter, however, this is a $100+ "next thought". Given that the igniter seems to have been fine after the first fuse replacement and that my expectation would be that an igniter would "fail open", leaving the fuse in tact - does anyone have any advice, experience with this or ideas? Thanks!

i replied to your email:
There are few reasons the fuse could blow, a bad(high resistance) ignitor could be the cause. I suppose bad wiring(short) or also a bad control board are also possible, with bad wiring being more likely that control board

i will also send you a copy of the service book//

Status
Not open for further replies.