igniter rating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsvo

Jun 17, 2008
vt
trying to find out if igniters are all the same or made by different people. friend has a us stove 5500m and the first igniter lasted 4 months,then they sent a new one and it only lasted 3 months. they tend to get hot then melt sideways. the people at us stove wont warrranty it again. they say all igniters are the same and its common for this to happen. they only want 38.00 plus shipping, but sounds like it will happen every year. my stove stove of another brand is 2 years old and its never bothered. any answers or can anyone tell me why these are only 38.00 when others are over 100.00 help

Yes there are different qualities.

Better made = Higher cost.

These are not the intended purpose of the heaters...just an adaptation from another process.

Also, durability has a relationship w/ how the stove mfg's implement it into their design...some do better some don't.

I guess better built ignitors might make up some for mfg's poor design.

Status
Not open for further replies.