igniter warning on Englander 55SHPEP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MicheleP

Feb 2, 2012
Eastford CT
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to pass along some info. Recently replaced my igniter on the 55shpep Englander with the one you can get on ebay. Didn't realize that the wires from the room air blower come out of the bottom of the blower and sit right on the igniter. What a stupid setup. They should have spun the casing around to have the wires come out the top of the blower. I don't know if the ebay igniter just gets hotter or what but my stove started blowing fuses and needless to say the igniter melted right through the blower motor wires so we had to take it apart and rewire it. While we were doing that we fed them out the top of the casing instead of the bottom. Line I said...what a stupid set up.

Reactions: vinny11950