I'm a June burner now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had my stove on in June ! Untill today
Got in from working in the wood shop to find the house
At 58::F so only one thing to do
TURN THE STOVE ON It is JUNE for God sake
you would think it was APRIL 1st ;ex;ex;?;?;?
NO JOKE

Reactions: bogieb
Just loaded a half bag in the hopper and fired it up.

Same here in Nova Scotia. Had the stove going last night and will this evening as well as the temp dropped to 5 degrees C last night (about 40F). This is my latest burn as far as I can remember.

84 F yesterday, and 55 F today.

Same game here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 269
Yup June 1st is a new one for me. Went fishing today and was raw and nasty.

Sad thing is my dog in avatar picture is no longer with me. Cancer robbed him of me at 5 years old. He was my toe warmer. It's only been a few days and I miss him so much it hurts.

Reactions: Mealie38
Burning here also. 43 on the way home with heavy rain and and walked in to a warm home. She must of plugged it back in and set her a blaze. Didn't know she knew how to do it.

The funny thing is the air conditioner went in the window May 23

Yup June 1st is a new one for me. Went fishing today and was raw and nasty.

Sad thing is my dog in avatar picture is no longer with me. Cancer robbed him of me at 5 years old. He was my toe warmer. It's only been a few days and I miss him so much it hurts.
Sorry to hear this fish on. that's a tough one

45 outside, 63 inside. We are still resisting the urge to fire up the stove.

Yep, started the main floor stove on Sunday evening set to 69 and started up the basement stove last night when I got home. Basement stove is set at about 60 and wanted to work on a project down there, so warmed it up a little.

I'm in the same area as Boo Boo and the temp was 42 when I got home before 5 yesterday (was 38 when I left for work). In the 30's again this morning. Had to open another bag of pellets this morning as the Hastings had all but run out. Will probably be burning until Thursday unless we get a good amount of solar heating tomorrow.

Got tired of the chill in the house and finally kicked on the 52i last night. Real toasty and no dampness in the house. The old bones feel good this morning.

Burning here yesterday and today, only Saturday, family had to come into the patio to escape the heat.

25 F here this morning, roofs white with frost, Piazzetta was running full force :)

I'm holding off with the stove, was pretty chilly this morning inside, 47 and mist at 5am, gonna see what its like when I get home, maybe fire up a small load to get rid of that damp cold feeling. I know one thing though, my cat kept following me into the basement this morning, I guess she thought I was going to light up a load. Poor Yeehaw, it didn't happen.

The high only got to 48 yesterday and it was 45 overnight. Lit the 25-PDVC last night after running the window ACs just last week.

Bedroom window open and ceiling fan on low last night

I still have, hmm, 10-15LB in the hopper from when I shut it off a month(?) ago and figured I'd had to scoop them out or something for the summer. Cool enough now that I might get an opportunity to burn them instead.

I still have, hmm, 10-15LB in the hopper from when I shut it off a month(?) ago and figured I'd had to scoop them out or something for the summer. Cool enough now that I might get an opportunity to burn them instead.
Just like my lawn mower in the fall and snow blower in the spring I run it out of fuel.

My wife and I walked home from a restaurant in the pouring rain last night. It felt good sitting in front of te pellet stove on full blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.