I'm starting to wonder about myself....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Loaded the stove tonight, or so I thought. Had the door closed and thought to myself-"Self, you can fit another split if you try."
Found a smaller split, chiseled it with the kindling axe, and hammered it in. It fit. And now I sit back and chuckle, and ask "Why?"
I may need therapy or something, this sounds obsessive.!!!

Loaded the stove tonight, or so I thought. Had the door closed and thought to myself-"Self, you can fit another split if you try."
Found a smaller split, chiseled it with the kindling axe, and hammered it in. It fit. And now I sit back and chuckle, and ask "Why?"

Relax
It's normal ;)

Reactions: Beetle-Kill
Yeah, when I think about what I already stuffed in there, I sit and wonder how much difference that three pound split is gonna make. Hate to leave empty space, though.

My wife watches me and shakes her head.

Yeah, when I think about what I already stuffed in there, I sit and wonder how much difference that three pound split is gonna make. Hate to leave empty space, though.

My wife watches me and shakes her head.

My wife calls me her " Little wood chuck" cause I'm obsessed! If I'm not CSS it I'm passing sections of Birch along our roads and saying " If I could cut that we'd have enough for 10 years burning"!
Funny thing is she gets a better fire going than I do...She loves the heat!

Therapy classes start Friday at 7:30 at Joe's Bar and Grill. First drink of the night is Woodchuck hard cider.

I find myself fighting the urge to put that one last split in all the time. I keep a couple weeks of wood in the garage during the meat of the winter and will walk out looking the stack over to see if I have the proper size split available to fill that last little space.

In short don't worry it's "normal". ;lol It's how I end up with loads like this one.......

Attachments

• DSC_0284_5623.jpg
    DSC_0284_5623.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 134
Wait till you get as bad as me. I bought the little electric splitter to put in the breezeway to custom make that one last piece to fit into the load.

Wait till you get as bad as me. I bought the little electric splitter to put in the breezeway to custom make that one last piece to fit into the load.
Your therapy will need to start with double doses.:cool:

When you can get a few uglies to fit together like they're doing the Argentine tango, then you know you're a bit too far gone...

On cold nights, air space inside the stove is wasted space.

Could've used BB splitter on this load.
I think there was room for 2 more small ones up top . LOL
BKK Full Load.JPG

Of course sometimes I wonder about myself but fear there are dozens of folks who also wonder about me.

Beetle Kill, I do fear you need help. When you get it, please pass it on to the rest of us nuts.

Welcome to the world of OCD ! I got that problem from Uncle Sam Lol. In fact I have gotten so bad that kindling stacks make everything look ugly so I am using pellets. They work just as well and I don't have to look at tiny splits anymore.

Pete

Pete

Of course sometimes I wonder about myself but fear there are dozens of folks who also wonder about me.

Beetle Kill, I do fear you need help. When you get it, please pass it on to the rest of us nuts.
Dennis, thanks for the laugh, I needed that.:)
Busted another shear pin on the snowblower tonight, and used my last spare the other night. Biggest storm we've had all year. It's like the "Energizer Bunny" of storms.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I find myself fighting the urge to put that one last split in all the time. I keep a couple weeks of wood in the garage during the meat of the winter and will walk out looking the stack over to see if I have the proper size split available to fill that last little space.

In short don't worry it's "normal". ;lol It's how I end up with loads like this one.......

I wish I could put a load like that in. But with 26ft of chimney, if I did the stove would get so hot , the neighbors three doors down would see it glowing. Even with the air shut completely down.

I wish I could put a load like that in. But with 26ft of chimney, if I did the stove would get so hot , the neighbors three doors down would see it glowing. Even with the air shut completely down.

About 30' worth of chimney here, nice thing about a BK stove or most other CAT stoves is they do what you want them to do when you turn them down. My Endeavor(non cat) that I had on the same chimney loved to burn on the hot side with a full load. One of the big reasons I switched it out for a BK.

Dennis, thanks for the laugh, I needed that.:)
Busted another shear pin on the snowblower tonight, and used my last spare the other night. Biggest storm we've had all year. It's like the "Energizer Bunny" of storms.

Really a shame to get the biggest one of the year in April. However, it seems April usually brings plenty of snow especially in the west. Just make sure now that you buy extra shear pins....for next winter.

This is shoulder season ,should be no need to pack it full.

This time of year 3-4 smaller pieces at night is more than enough with my setup. Can often make a fire every other night even. Been getting up in the high 30s in the day and 20s at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.