In connecticut we are in a bad crunch of no pellet available anywhere. Im on my last bag of pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year were getting an extra ton. Where do you even get shelled corn?

Shelled corn can be found at farm feed stores. It is also sold by local farms....use searchtempest.com to find it on Craigslist. It will sometimes go under the heading of "Deer corn" as hunters use it to bait deer. I am sorry that you are having trouble finding pellets. This is the fourth serious pellet disruption I have seen (2000/2001, post-Katrina in 2005, the Great Pellet Panic of 2008) and now this. Pellet supply is a strange thing as the mills are working around the clock. The problem is that the big box stores are phasing them out for the season and don't have the pre-ordered inventory arriving on a regular basis like they would in December. My local Lowes has all the gas grills, lawn mowers and patio furniture you could ever want, but not a single bag of pellets or rock salt. Yey!

the shortage of 2000/2001 scared me enough that I would buy pellets whenever I saw them and had space to store them. Properly wrapped and waterproofed, they don't go bad. Pellets are a tenuous commodity whose supply is very uncertain. While I hate my current wood burner, fuel for it is readily available.

ahhh the ol pellet scare. hope you get some!

this is why pellets never appealed to me .. all you are doing is changing who you are paying utility costs to .. from gas to pellet mfg, etc.
wood remains the only energy source that big business doesn't control ..

Reactions: JustWood
Eastern CT and Westerly HDs and Lowes were all out today. I got 30 bags of Stove Chow (in the KIA Sorento) from the Glastonbury HD. They were just dropping pallets next to the contractor checkout. It was like a 1980's Cabbage Patch doll sale in there...guys loading Uhauls, loose pellets scattered all over the floor.

The girl at the register said she knew they just came in today but didn't know how many pallets.

Reactions: Xena
If there is someone here who is OUT of pellets pm me I have a couple of bags I will sell at my cost to get you through tonight as its going to -5 to -10 tonight
I am located in Springfield mass

Aw brown east Longmeadow mass
Has 300 bags of ambiance? As. Of 5pm they close at 8pm

Reactions: Xena
Agway just sent me an email this morning. New Milford and Torrington Agway locations have received wood pellets today!

CT pellet isn't selling to New customers, If you haven't bought from them before your SOL! :(

Drove I-91 to Brattleboro and back to WRJ this afternoon. On the return I saw 5 or 6 flatbed semis with tons of pellets on them headed south. From Canada, I bet. Wonder where they're gonna land . . .

Just got a ton of Lee pellets from West Hartford HD, saw they had 18 ton as of 9am, ordered online and picked them up after work, by afternoon all gone, i'm set for the rest of season

Eastern CT and Westerly HDs and Lowes were all out today. I got 30 bags of Stove Chow (in the KIA Sorento) from the Glastonbury HD. They were just dropping pallets next to the contractor checkout. It was like a 1980's Cabbage Patch doll sale in there...guys loading Uhauls, loose pellets scattered all over the floor.

The girl at the register said she knew they just came in today but didn't know how many pallets.
Glastonbury Ct??, I was looking at the website and didnt see any pellet's available at any HD

Bt pellet in Bristol has pellets again maine hardwood and a soft wood forget name $6 a bag 10 bag limit

Bt pellet in Bristol has pellets again maine hardwood and a soft wood forget name $6 a bag 10 bag limit
I went to BT today they have pellets and trucks are coming in they stopped all deliveries so there trucks can get it from their our warehouses in the state. They do have a 10 bag limit but they are not refusing anyone during their business hours for pick up. The lines may be long at times but you still get PELLET!!!!!!!!!!!

Glastonbury Ct??, I was looking at the website and didnt see any pellet's available at any HD

Yes, Glastonbury CT. I went old school and just started calling all the big boxes from eastern CT to the west. At the rate pellets were leaving the store I bet they didn't have time to update the computer. I think I saw 6+ tons leave in the 20 min I was there

Status
Not open for further replies.