In my day...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
This is how we took down a tree

61043045_2047221795389301_2864862053946884096_n.jpg

Well, ok this is in the 1800's long before my day and there is no way ever that I'd be out standing on those limbs like that. Beautiful old tree though.

Last edited:
Beautiful yes, Ginormous & monstrous are the words that come to mind for me. I would probably feel safer on those limbs than shimmying up that ladder.:eek: Guaranteed that’s not aluminum or fiberglass...

Wooden ladder for sure. It must weigh a ton.

Cool picture! Gives me the willies, though, thinking about how high they are. The older I get, the less I like heights. Curt

Yah, there is no way I would go out on those far limbs like that, even in my younger days.

When I was younger I would bounce a bit - now days I just go splat- and end up with attachments to support various appendages.

Good God! That is way up high, on some skinny little limbs. Those guys had some guts.

I wonder if they are taking the whole tree down (in pieces) or just doing some judicial pruning.;?

I bet the photo was taken on an iphone in sepia mode.

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Wonder what kind of tree grows like that. Most tree types have a shape. That one looks like morning hair.

Reactions: JimBear
IIRC the shot was on an Australian website and they said it was an oak. Lots of oaks were brought into the country from England and from Turkey evidently.

Reactions: JimBear