Indiana Good Place to Dry Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, come on BD, there are some I think would probably look good "naked around a bon-fire";)

You do have a point.
Might be a little "gender"bias" for me to elaborate, so I'll stay with "pointers"
ie; Australian for, "white pointers"

Reactions: tfdchief
My place is so dry I caught dirt on fire yesterday...No joke!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I believe that. We have yards in town catching on fire. Went by one the other day and the homeowner was putting it out with a garden hose;em

Reactions: smokinj
May be good drying fire wood fast but the prices we all will see at the grocery store will be more than the offset the burning of dry firewood.
Another good thing; maybe they will smarten up & not add corn ethanol to the gasoline. :)
Don't hold your breath though. Gov't subsidized.
You guys went from "the winter that wasn't" to serious heat & drought.

Time for a serious "naked around a bon-fire" rain dance. LOL :)
No pictures plez:eek:

I have heard they have approved to jump from 10% ethanol in the gas to 15%. Nuts...

Reactions: tfdchief
I have heard they have approved to jump from 10% ethanol in the gas to 15%. Nuts...

Probably not going to happen once real crop reports come in. (That would drive corn prices to an unreal number)

That is nuts, we are dry but not even close to that. This afternoon they are calling for some heavy rains with possible high winds, our luck it will stay North and South of us.

Any wells going dry out near you Smokin?

zap

That is nuts, we are dry but not even close to that. This afternoon they are calling for some heavy rains with possible high winds, our luck it will stay North and South of us.

Any wells going dry out near you Smokin?

zap

Yea we should change the state name to Smokin!

Its a bit different here. The jetstream which has caused so much dry heat over you guys has been below us, and we have had the wettest April - mid July spell since records began. Most of our crops are waterlogged, and it's a really bad year for drying wood. I'm just glad we have all our 2012-13 season wood stored away in our garage and greenhouses, as it's already nicely seasoned and it'll stay dry now. Fortunately, it looks like the jetstream here is moving north, which should warm thing up and dry things out a bit. Harvestwise, it's a salvage job, and as far as our own small patch goes, we have written most of our veg plot off, with any crops we do get being a bonus. Something tells me that we may get a nice surprise come fall ;)

Right. It seems one area gets what another area lacks. Trouble is, 80% of the lower 48 states are in trouble from drought.

Today was the third day in a row for rain in my area. The ground is soaking it up quickly now. (Well the rain stopped about 1 hour ago.) My area has had a slight bit more rain the last two months than north of me a couple of counties. They got some rain yesterday. Most likely too little too late for the crops there though.

Reactions: smokinj
We got an inch and a half here in the last 2 days. Better late then never, but the crops still won't amount to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.