Insert and Chimney Liner Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Perfect - when I bought replacement gasket for the door I had plenty leftover.

Where the liner fits into the adapter it has a big hose clamp. It is pretty tight. Do I need anything to seal it there?

Perfect - when I bought replacement gasket for the door I had plenty leftover.

Where the liner fits into the adapter it has a big hose clamp. It is pretty tight. Do I need anything to seal it there?
If all of your components fit as they should no sealant is needed anywhere

Had a test fire on Saturday. Easiest fire to get going I've ever had and easiest to keep going. Part of that was very dry wood ( ~10%) which had been sitting in the house for eighteen months. The rest I credit to a good draft from the new chimney liner.

Reactions: lawn717
Should have added that there was not a trace of stray smoke anywhere. Under the rigged-up system we inherited when we bought the house we always had a smoky smell. Not knowing any better we thought that was normal. We know better now!

Reactions: begreen
Nope not as long as it fits properly. And the furnace cement will crumble and disappear in the first season.

By that I am assuming it is just regular light wall which is not directional

No need for cement.

That doesn't tell me which type of liner it is. Is it just standard light wall corregated inside and out?
How do you tell if it is directional? And if it is, how do you tell which end goes up?