Insert install - slight ledge between hearth and extension

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Aug 9, 2017
Ozarks
Getting my Drolet 1800i insert installed and I've hit a speed bump. There seems to be a .5" ledge between the firebox floor/hearth and the brick extending in front of the hearth. The insert must extend at least 1.75" out from the firebox proper, preferably more like 3.75" so this requires the insert to be on a slight incline.

AizCyxr.jpg

What are my options here? I'm thinking maybe a hearth pad to bring the rest of the stove up level with the extended brick? How about a .5" sheet of durock cut to fit and slide the insert in on top of that?

Is the fireplace floor lower? If so then yes a section of cement board cut to fit inside the fireplace floor would work.

Is the fireplace floor lower? If so then yes a section of cement board cut to fit inside the fireplace floor would work.
Yes, the fireplace floor is what is lower. I've run across such different terminology for different things in my research that I'm not quite sure all the time on how I should phrase my questions.

Thank you!

No problem, happens all the time. I was just checking so that I didn't give some wrong advice.