Inspection complete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devinsdad

Sep 25, 2009
northern NY
Chimney service came today to perform the safety inspection of my diy install for insurance company. 69 dollars and he didn't even break out a tape measure. It is in a combustible alcove but with wall protection. Thumbed through the manual ,eyeballed the stove.took my money and answered my questions. :cheese: So I wouldn't be worring about a few inches on your ceiling clearance Mr. Kelly. I needed R-.595 for floor protection and he never even asked about that :roll: he said the onlt thing he sees and sees a lot of as far as non compliance is it wasn't bolted to the floor. Not any tornadoes here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.