Install complete!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
Took me 2 days and some sore legs from a 100 trips up and down the ladder but it's done! Just loaded 4-5 splits for the first load but I'm down to 1.5 on the thermostat and the house is sitting at 73 degrees. Ended up having to buy a few more sections of dvl and a few elbows. Had to also get a 24" piece of chimney so I could get 36" out the roof. Going to have to think of something for the wall. It's pretty blah. 1482121286297-196816813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Blah Is just fine...
Let er rip!
I would if I didn't have meat calling off the bone! The house is insulated very well and really didn't use much propane either. I'm used to keeping the house at 66 so 73 is cooking for me. I'll pack her tight when this load burns down. Pretty happy that I got this done for around $1100 for everything. Now I just need more wood. Left 5 cords at the old house when we moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.