Installation of wood fireplace insert without panels: does our insert protrude enough?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in assuming the issue with the initial install was the lintel depth? What is the depth of your lintel? After being convinced this was the stove for me to buy I noticed in the specifications that 2.5" is the maximum lintel depth that will allow the protruded installation, which I was hoping for (my lintel is 4"). I am now trying to figure if I can make this work, should switch to the flush installation, or switch to a different stove. How have you liked the Olympic since having it installed and during our freezing winter in the NE last year?

Remy13 has not been here since July last year. If you want to get a response from him, try opening a conversation (click on his name, that will open his profile). He will get an email that he may respond to.

Status
Not open for further replies.