insurance solid fuel questionnaire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
be carefull filling it out it is loaded with excuses to drop your insurance policy This time of year when the insurance company sends there forms out we start getting calls requestion past inspection approvals to send to the insurance companies. I also get more permits and request to inspect stoves that were never permitted. This can be a messy situation
if I have to fail them. the big question is what code to apply when the stoves were installed or today's current codes. then I have to make judgement calls on the chimney condition and the stove when in doubt I request a r condition report from a repupatable chimney sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.