Intrepid griddle gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob711

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2017
Long Island, ny
1FC2FCEC-A373-4CAB-B270-3DDA81C8E28F.jpeg 962FE5EB-7E78-4394-B64D-6324ABBC0AB7.jpeg

i have a 1983 non cat intrepid, the gasket was torn so I ordered a universal kit so I can do the doors as well when they need it. With old, I believe wrong gasket, the top was flush. Now it’s maybe 1/8” raised. Not pulling in air, it this correct/ok.
The white gasket came out, had no furnace caulk/sealant holding it down. Replaced with wire mesh covered one next to it

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in the groove, I used minimal amount of cement, I'd say it's 5/16. It was the only metal covered one in the kit. With previous gasket top would close down flush, it doesn't do that now

Thanks, I've noticed it seems to be settling.