INTREPID II OWNER

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetmech

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Dillsburg PA
Hey Guys, Im now the proud owner of a used Intrepid ii... Havent picked it up yet but will do so between Christmas & New years. I will be looking for some help with checking gaskets and whatever else needs replaced... I got it on Ebay and looks to be in good shape. It comes with all chimney pipes & VC enameled flue pipe to the class A pipe. Just want to be sure its airworthy before i light it off..... again will keep you posted...

Congrats jet, lets us know when ya get er.

sweet, you will love the stove.
just be patient and learn as much as you can from it and from this site.
learn to burn baby, its not at all like a fireplace.

Nice, that VC pipe is expensive! Be sure to check the rest of the pipe very well. If the exterior pipe has had many fires you may be better off replacing it.

Thanks guys, any ideas on safest way to haul the stove in my truck, dont want to stress the cast... was going to wrap in lots of blankets. is it ok to lay stove on its back ??. any input would be a big help..

jetmech said:
Hey Guys, Im now the proud owner of a used Intrepid ii... Havent picked it up yet but will do so between Christmas & New years. I will be looking for some help with checking gaskets and whatever else needs replaced... I got it on Ebay and looks to be in good shape. It comes with all chimney pipes & VC enameled flue pipe to the class A pipe. Just want to be sure its airworthy before i light it off..... again will keep you posted...

Was that the Model 1308 that sold last Sunday??
Let me know how it works - that model is approx. 12 -15 yrs old.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.