Ir heat gun are a stove pipe magnet thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You'll need a probe thermometer for the double-wall stove pipe. Surface temps on the pipe are not meaningful. You already have a stove top thermometer, it's just in the wrong location.

Here's where I get confused on this forum many times and am using this as an example as it's basic. The thread title:
So, the answer is about double wall pipe, and a stove top thermometer which is in the wrong location. I understand that the thread title should have been "or" instead of "are". But how does begreen know that trey1979 has double wall pipe and knows that his thermometer is in the wrong location based on the question?

Here's where I get confused on this forum many times and am using this as an example as it's basic. The thread title:
So, the answer is about double wall pipe, and a stove top thermometer which is in the wrong location. I understand that the thread title should have been "or" instead of "are". But how does begreen know that trey1979 has double wall pipe and knows that his thermometer is in the wrong location based on the question?
We know from previous threads

BeGreen is omniscient . . . he knows all, he sees all.