Ironstrike Grandview 300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KShedgerow

Nov 9, 2021
Kansas
Morning y’all! I’m more of a sit back and read posts kind of guy but I have a fair bit of experience when it comes to wood, saws, stoves and how to read a tape. In the past I’ve heated exclusively with wood out of a blaze king king, and princess. Different houses and times in life of course lol. I’ve never paid a single penny for installation because I’m cheap as hell and own expensive tools. Hopefully the pictured installation is my last because I dislike roofs and I want to hunt more not cuss at tripple wall pipe and question why I didn’t use a toe board on a 8/12 roof while cutting the hole.. Anyway, I’m remodeling our current house after a recent decision to greatly downsize and focus on simpler and more fun things in life not just making bills. I searched about this stove everywhere and found little helpful information so decided to post here. I paid 1300 for the stove and interior double wall pipe. I was scared to answer my door for several weeks after purchasing because I thought the law would be staring at me, I stole this thing! If anyone has been looking at this model or has any questions just holler, that’s the point of this post.

Pad is: 1 1/2” micore 300, 1/2 cement board, and 1/2” 24”x24” porcelain tile on top. Trimmed out with 1/2” x 2 3/4” marble.

Venting: Duravent 6” double wall to ceiling support, and duravent tripple wall to cap. About 18’ total chimney height from stove top.

Stove: Ironstrike Grandview 300

9BA8C32A-577A-4A40-A6E8-A58AF95C7A40.jpeg D51A3EA3-70E0-4FAF-AF06-E243B0E40DE9.jpeg CEF0434C-D594-4BC2-A2F3-65A267229D56.jpeg AB8C3B72-44C1-4CC5-ACC5-8EB1D21D9959.jpeg A546825E-DA72-4874-BD52-8A302BD6FD3C.jpeg 9E50ABE7-F037-4866-92FB-B12635A71D3F.jpeg 38708510-C3F7-4B3A-8121-3497801EAA19.jpeg

Looking good, glad to see those pictures. I'm installing a stove in a new addition on my house in the next month. There is a 4" deep by 8"high sill around the entire room that was used to cover the block foundation from the garage that we transformed into the new room. I've have to decide to leave the trim on the sill or remove it prior to the install. Based on your photo's I'll be leaving it. Wasn't able to find any photos of this type of situation, but your helped me out. Thanks, and good luck hunting.

Bert, that was one of the biggest mental challenges with this installation. I chose not to attempt removing the baseboard because of the plaster walls, and the hearth pad would’ve looked weird against the wood room divider without BB. The wife likes it so big win! Glad I could help you, sir!

Yes, leave the baseboard, though remove the base shoe if it is there so that the hearth pad can go flush to the baseboard.

Kshed, thanks for posting. You did indeed get a great deal there. Keep us posted on this stove. If you get a chance at some point please post a short rating review in the Ratings section.