Is adobe flash player a virus? How do I get rid of this thing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dune

Minister of Fire
My wife clicked allow on a popup on my 2 day old computer. The old computer was only a year old. Something about files, delete, etc. anyone care to help?

Thanks, so it is a virus. What should I do?

If it is only two days old I would be tempted to format the disk and reinstall the complete system from the manufacturer's setup disks. Then get the Flash 10.1 update with the security fix. And tell the wife to stay off of those boyz sites. :)

Pop-ups are sooooo evil. Mother in law's computer got toasted by a similar trick. There's a special room in a hot place for those guys.

This morning it isn't on the screen. I can't see how any legitimate company would want their product to refuse to be xed out of and keep bouncing up, every time I tried to change page or any other move at all.
Of course, when I walked into the room, yesterday, she was repeatedly clicking Allow, and saying she couldn't get rid of the thing. She probably installed 50 times. Interestingly, an Invision forum that I frequent didn't have it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.