Is all flex created equal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
First of all let me start by saying i really appreciate everyone here that has helped me so far.
I am new to the world of heating with wood and may have some dumb questions.
I just want to do it right the first time. So far you guys have convinced me to install my own insert.
And i thank you for saving me about a $1000.00.
I trust your knowledge and advice.

Ok next question please...... I've been trying to find a liner to buy. Any certain brands to look for?
Thickness? Any other considerations? Someone mentioned using 5' of flex and 20' of rigid.
Good suggestion, any thing to look for in doing this? Pros/cons? Easy of install?

Thanks again fellas!
Brad

My philosophy on re-lining masonry chimneys is that flexible stainless liners are easier to install, but rigid stainless liners provide a more consistent draft for wood inserts - and is much easier to clean. Don't go for the quick fix. If you have off-sets in the masonry chimney use flexible - otherwise rigid is the long-term solution.

I trust certain flex over others. Home Saver Pro, Ventinox.....

I ended up going with Ventinox and was impressed by the quality of their product, and the ease of installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.