Is being high efficiant actually a BAD thing??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder

I say this because my father-in-law (living survivor of the USS Indy) has a small problem with his gas fireplace. It gets TOO hot.

He has a Heat & Glo in his apartment and he can not have it on very long before his apartment gets too hot. We were talking and he wishes it was not so efficient!

The unit is probably too big for the application.

yes :)
This is why you need to buy what is right for YOU.
You can get a nice mid grade fireplace that is in the 60% range and have nice logs, good flame and moderate heat. I would not recommed a ceramic glass, high efficient fireplace unless you want to heat a large area.

Yep, the gas fireplace might not be at all efficient, but just too big for the application. How big a room is it in? What are the normal temps that he keeps the apartment at?

most people woundt put high efficeint ones in there bedrooms either.
Find out what model heat n glo he has and i will compare it for you. You will find that info in the bottem of the fireplace left of the valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.