Is hearthstone heritage 8021 a good wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's a decent stove and good looking. There are many posts on this stove with the most detailed ones posted by Highbeam. Someone else was looking to buy one used just a few weeks ago. Have you seen that thread?

Reactions: NJL
It's a decent stove and good looking. There are many posts on this stove with the most detailed ones posted by Highbeam. Someone else was looking to buy one used just a few weeks ago. Have you seen that thread?
Thank you! No, I didn’t see it. I’m still learning to navigate the site.

Soapstone stoves are pretty, but there are some caveats, especially with used ones. Search on Heritage in the titles only in this forum. There are many past threads on this stove.
What year is it, how much are they asking, and have you been able to look at the stove in person?

How will the stove be used, 24/7 or nights and weekends? How large of an area will it be heating?

Soapstone stoves are pretty, but there are some caveats, especially with used ones. Search on Heritage in the titles only in this forum. There are many past threads on this stove.
What year is it, how much are they asking, and have you been able to look at the stove in person?

How will the stove be used, 24/7 or nights and weekends? How large of an area will it be heating?
I’m waiting for a response on the age. Asking $2100. Not 24/7 use. My husband and I are kinda strange. We love to sleep in very cold temperatures, just pile on blankets. In freezing weather, maintain house warm enough to not freeze pipes. We use wood heat to sit around in the evening, before going to bed, and during the day if it’s really cold. We are in middle, north TN, right along KY border, so winters are not too bad. We want a stove big enough to fit a couple pots in case all hell breaks loose.

Also looking at an Enerzone 2.9. Seller says new is crate, decided not to burn wood. Asking $2100.

I'd say go for the Enerzone, it a very good stove that will be less hassle The Heritage price sounds quite high and it is not ideal for cooking on.

How large of an area will the stove be heating? Is this an open floorplan?
Do you have a good supply of fully seasoned firewood already split and stacked?

I'd say go for the Enerzone, it a very good stove that will be less hassle The Heritage price sounds quite high and it is not ideal for cooking on.

How large of an area will the stove be heating? Is this an open floorplan?
Do you have a good supply of fully seasoned firewood already split and stacked?
It is an open floor plan. We have wood. We don’t want to heat the entire house, only the 800sq ft or so that we occupy during the day.

2.9 cu ft is a really big firebox for 800 sq ft of constantly lived in space. I think you’ll be heating much more of the house.

Agreed, the stove is large and 800 sq ft will get overwhelmed with a full load burning unless it's quite cold out. How large is the whole house? Is there an upstairs that can also receive some heat? What is the ceiling height?

Enerzone is made by SBI, and it's the sibling of the Drolet and Osburn lines. You can get a new Drolet 1800 for under $2000. That would be a better-sized stove.

Heritage 8021 is from the mid 2000's and has been updated once or twice since then I think. Tennessee for 800-900 sqft wouldn't need a big stove, hopefully the house is open so it can get out of the area. 2100 sounds high, unless it is enamel and in primo condition. Don't want to cook on the soapstone as BG said, it will mar the beautiful finish. I'd look at a small-med steel stove too, espec for occasional usage, good luck.