Is IHP going out of business?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nathaniel241

Aug 17, 2017
Fort Morgan, CO
I work at a manufacturing company, so we get fliers like this all the time. This one surprised me. It says its for a fireplace manufacturing facility. Looking further it says Innovative Hearth Products. Are they going out of business?! I was a bit surprised to see this. My fireplace is a Superior, which is one of their subsidiaries, so I hope they aren't. Replacement parts might get hard to find. I think it might be that they have old equipment they are getting rid of, but I wasn't sure. Anyone know anything about this?

mT3ipqGMjuj1GjkZnyaqRzb7BocbBxYCrL39iuTKCQO5eDOqOtGMsGHBRUXzuQ4mfBtwIUPCaUgffuyca20=w636-h915-no.jpg kC5hQ8WOf4upMkrdJB6OYs7sSUuRp6ret2MG8vqtChpZFjHD2r6LTMqDf8AxMFmkI-4p6Owx69eauY4XPg=w1627-h915-no.jpg

They may be just consolidating and getting rid of excess production capacity. The ad says they are getting rid of surplus. Sounds like the FMI plant. IHP still has other manufacturing facilities in the south.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nathaniel241
They have been rearranging the deck chairs for several years now. They took over the Lennox lines and creating the Astria and IronStrike brands from them.