Is it possible to chart pellet prices?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenalmond

Jul 25, 2008
Boston MA
Reading all the posts on pellet prices reminds me a lot of commodity pricing and the swings you see in that area. I know there is no central reporting authority for pricing on pellets. However I sure would be interested 1 year from now to see a chart of pellet prices broken down by region and on a monthly timeline. Based on nothing else but the opinions I have seen on these boards and the way commodities surge in demand I think we will see that the price of pellets will drop precipitously as excess inventory is not eaten up by demand. This could happen in the early part of 09. Still would be a good business case to read about.

You are hired, my friend.

Eric

This would be great, but very difficult to do effectively. Prices for me have been relatively stable from 2005 to present because I order different brands from different dealers at different times of the year...all done with teh objective of getting the very best price.

A company like pelletsales.com probably has a solid body of data where they could put together a decent line graph showing average price per ton over the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.