Is my AM start up routine creating a fire hazard?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback guys. We just had our chimney swept by the "professionals" since they installed our stove, first one was free. They showed me what was in my pipes, light gray fluff and there wasn't a lot of it.

My temps quoted are from a Condor probe thermometer about 14" from the top of the stove, in the double wall pipe between the stove and the elbow. It does spike to 750-800 occassionally, but I have usually cut the damper down by then so it settles to about 600 and stays there a while.

My stove only has one control, the air flow is a pull stick underneath, out is open, in is closed, even a girl like me can operate it :)

I'll have to get the hubby on here to read a bit, that is a good idea too! Thanks again!
Glad to hear sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.