Is new forum faster or slower...or the same for you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Is the new forum slower, faster or the same?

• About the same as before

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • It seems faster

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • It seems slower

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
faster on the 3 computers that I use regularly. Use firefox on 1, and IE on the other 2.

pen

My original hasty assessment was premature and, uh, ..hasty.;em
Using Firefox in Win 7 and Linux and it's pretty darned fast now.
However, opening thumbs (pics) is sometimes laggy. Overall Craig, this has been a very nice transition.

It seems faster to me. And cooler.

I can't tell a difference. Not complaining. Just sayin.

It seems a bit faster to me...but it's not exactly like night & day, ya know. It's plenty quick for me, no complaints.

Keep 'em coming.
At least it lets me know what to look at!

In the future we can probably serve all images from the "cloud", therefore really speeding things up.....

Speed=Success in this biz. Google even ranks fast sites better....to say nothing of user experience.

Seems faster to me, I think because of less page switching to post etc.I'm really liking it! A C

Seems faster. When I am at Home, my phone works of my Wireless. So my PC, Laptop, and Phone are all the same (about).

At Work, its just the phone and 4G. Which is still faster than before.

Are you talking about how fast the pages load or how long queries take? The pages load about the same for me, but search queries are several seconds faster. The main page downloaded in .36 seconds; the 'What's New?' query took 1.01 seconds (I use Opera).

Talking about overall user experience.....
On one hand, this forum is doing a lot more - the search and what's new, etc. are better developed...on the other hand, it should be spitting out pages (queries) much more efficiently, as it uses a more modern framework.

1 second from the other side of the country is not bad at all.....now we just have to get Maine sped up.

Up this away things seem to be fine . . . I would say it's as fast if not faster than before.

Regarding the user experience, the "look" will take some getting used to (a number of other sites that I peruse have done similar engine upgrades), but the hover preview for posts was #1 on my wishlist.

Overall I like all the added features. Seems about the same speed for me, although I did not htink it was slow before.
Go to first unread...Awesome!!

Besides feeling faster I am finding it faster for uploading pics, faster for composing images in messages and I like seeing more posts on one page. Overall this change is a winner!

I'm never a fan of change for change sake . . . but this update is wicked slick . . . big fan of the new look and features.

Me thinks its faster boss

The only time it seems slower is when I am surfing on my Droid X phone. It seems every bit as fast if not faster when surfing on the computer.

About the same as before for me.
I have a slower DSL connection at the office and I usually don't open images for the bigger one - it's like being on dial up.
Site itself is AOK.
Might be a chrome thing / pc, too.
Safari and kinda speedy cable at home - I think I have the hub all to myself most of the time. :)

BeGreen is right. It is MUCH faster to upload multiple pics and more intuitive to embed media compared to the old forum. My "wasted" time is reduced just because the alerts tell me where to go. Raw thoroughput, while noticeably faster, takes a backseat to the functionality improvements for sure.

Hell, just inserting multiple quotes is a 10x improvement!

I voted slower but not by much, however I visit and post while at work, and having big brother watching slows everything down._g

I do like all the new features, great change for sure.

Load speed about the same or a bit faster than the old forum (I have my own T1 so bandwidth is not a local issue).

As far as functional speed of posting, editing, etc. Mucho faster. It is just a smoother package.

I voted faster. However, as the days go on I am finding it slower and slower. Not sure why. Also, many times when clicking on a thread the browser just hangs. Stop and click again and then it usually comes right up. Strange. I've tried letting it search and search until it times out so just letting it go is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.