Is OAK a myth? [article] Discuss.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to see how many people started out without an OAK, had problems, and then installed an OAK. Or possible the other way, anyone have an OAK, had problems and fixed it by disconnecting it.

Ok, I admittedly didn't read the article. But what does air have to do with burning Oak? Split it, season it, and Oak burns great.

;)

tag type=sarcasism

Not having an OAK can actually help with stinky air already inside the house as can the bathroom fans and most kitchen fans.

/tag

Last edited:
s
Not having an OAK can actually help with stinky air already inside the house as can the bathroom fans and most kitchen fans.

This is why I opted for no oak. Not because of stinky but rather stale air. Plus I don't think my sante fe can have true oak. Also I hate punching holes my house and having pipes near my front door.

The cold air has to come in somewhere ,so id rather it come in in the basement thru a OAK than around the doors and windows creating cold drafts on the first floor. 2 story homes act like chimney. cold air comes in the first floor and goes out the second floor.

s

This is why I opted for no oak. Not because of stinky but rather stale air. Plus I don't think my sante fe can have true oak. Also I hate punching holes my house and having pipes near my front door.

I guess I should have put sarcasm tags around my post. I'll correct that right now.

You guys are thinking way too much.

Ok, I admittedly didn't read the article. But what does air have to do with burning Oak? Split it, season it, and Oak burns great.

;)

Without air ?????????????? Like in a vacuum ???????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.