Is the Jotul 118 top interchangeable?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sickduck8

Jul 25, 2021
North Country, NY
Hello all. I've done a bunch of searches and found a library of awesome information about the old pre-EPA version of the Jotul 118 here. The question I can't seem to find the answer to is if the top plate of the Original black bear and the new EPA version are interchangeable. This would allow me to have a burn plate built into the stove and allow me to vent it out the top, eliminating one elbow in a through the wall chimney setup. Thanks for any information you guys might have!

No answer came up. I have my doubts but could be wrong. Try Preston Trading Post in CT and ask for their Jotul service dept.

Reactions: greatblueheron
As the fella above said, I received no answer. I figure eventually I'll meet somebody with the stove and just bring it over to try. On a different note, one of the best stoves I've ever used at my camp. Worth every penny if you can find one in good shape :cool: