Is the Lopi Endeavor worth the extra dollars vs. the 1750 Republic?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiff

Nov 13, 2013
west coast
I think I am down to these two stoves. My question is, is the endeavor worth the extra money? If so, why? They seem to have the same size firebox...other than the visual difference what am I missing? The endeavor has the bypass mechanism where the 1750 does not. Please give me the pros and cons. Is it worth the extra dollars?

Thanks

They share the same firebox, no difference at all in the size. The bypass will help with quicker fireups, and help reduce or possibly prevent any smoke spillage when the door is opened.
If you have a short chimney, this is a must have in my opinion.
Other than that it simply comes down to looks. I prefer the endeavor, over the 1750. You gotta look at it 24/7 365
Days a year.

Reactions: lopiliberty
I have the 1750. It's not as pretty, just solid black but it's a great stove. Not sure what benefit the bypass does? When I start mine from a cold stove I leave the door cracked open for the first 10 minutes and it's going good.

If it were me I would go with the endeavor. The bypass on my liberty is a must because the door opening is so big. It also does allow a reload to take off a lot faster without having to have the door cracked. I love steel stoves but all that black is not the nicest thing to look at. The 1750 only has one two options black steel or cast legs or the pedestal. With the endeavor you can pick your door and leg finish or clear or etched glass. It all depends on what you want to look at. Like webby said its there 365 a year.
IMG_0472 (640x640).jpg

Reactions: webby3650
The Endeavor also has a slightly longer warrantee over the Republic.

I was weighing the pros/cons of each model and ultimately went with the Endeavor. The bypass is a HUGE help in many cases regardless of your chimney hight - mine chimney is just over 27 feet and has a strong draft. The bypass, in my opinion assists in fast starts as it kinda boosts the draft sooner allowing you to close the door sooner. With the door closed sooner during a start, you only get pre-heated air entering the firebox vs the door open slightly where cold air always enters. The step top also allows for warming a kettle or food without it going nuclear on the hot stove top. And yes, the Endeavor has some aesthetic benefits too.

Status
Not open for further replies.