Is this an englander Madison Model #: 50-SHSSW01

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usmc1371

Nov 8, 2015
Pilot Rock, Oregon
Just found a stove that looks like it will work for my install at Lowes only 125 miles from my house. It is a Summers heat 50-SHSSW01 I clicked on the pdf for the install manual and it took me to the Madison page, is this The Madison or something else? And I am confused about the rear clearance with double wall pipe, it says N/A so I am assuming it is the same as for single wall 7.5"?

Thanks for any information

Yup
(don't know for sure about the clearances)

Thanks for the quick reply I just got off the phone with Englander stoves very helpful customer service. I was confused about the clearances with double wall pipe it looks like I could almost get away with single wall but I am still planning on using double from the stove to ceiling.

Reactions: spirilis
Thanks for the quick reply I just got off the phone with Englander stoves very helpful customer service. I was confused about the clearances with double wall pipe it looks like I could almost get away with single wall but I am still planning on using double from the stove to ceiling.
If you have any doubt about draft or chimney height, I would recommend double wall (and that the flue be insulated). IMO this stove needs extra draft help to make it run reliably. It seems to throw the heat well enough with its heat shields + fan although I do feel an ecofan on the stovetop helps out some more.

Well I bought the stove and now I am trying to figure all the pipe needed. I know I need 15' of chimney but is that measured from the floor the stove is sitting on or from the top of the stove? I will have 5' from stove to ceiling that will be double wall then into class A. My chimney chase is 15' floor level to top, if I measure from top of stove I need to have 3' of class A sticking out of the top of the chase. Not a big deal just want to make sure I do this right and the stove works like a champ.
. IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1901.JPG

Well I bought the stove and now I am trying to figure all the pipe needed. I know I need 15' of chimney but is that measured from the floor the stove is sitting on or from the top of the stove? I will have 5' from stove to ceiling that will be double wall then into class A. My chimney chase is 15' floor level to top, if I measure from top of stove I need to have 3' of class A sticking out of the top of the chase. Not a big deal just want to make sure I do this right and the stove works like a champ.
.View attachment 166805 View attachment 166806
I think it's from the flue collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.