Is this axe the same as the Fiskars X27?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

max384

Nov 28, 2015
Eagle Rock, PA
I stopped into my local Lowes store and found this axe. I couldn't find it online, but it looks just like this:

36" splitting axe

It is just labeled as a 36" splitting axe, not the X27. The head is different color than the X27 and the handle is also different colored from the X27.

My concern is that this a cheaper big box store version of the X27.

The all black handles are different I believe. The orange handle supposedly has vibration dampening and I believe the all black ones are being 'discontinued' according to descriptions on Amazon. I would stick with the X27/X25 series of axes IMO.

Reactions: max384
The all black handles are different I believe. The orange handle supposedly has vibration dampening and I believe the all black ones are being 'discontinued' according to descriptions on Amazon. I would stick with the X27/X25 series of axes IMO.

Good to know. I guess I'll skip this one and buy the X27. Thanks for the reply!

upload_2016-4-13_18-47-21.png

Can get it on Amazon above for $54.97 plus free shipping.

I have the X27 and just bought the X25.

Yeah, I think I'll just order it here. Thanks for the link. I like the instant gratification of walking into a store and leaving with it... But I'd rather get the correct one.

I haven't seen the X series in any stores. They all carry the 'super splitter' variety you first looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.