Is this proposal for a Blaze King Ultra install reasonable for 2023?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jerome P

Jan 20, 2023
West Central Wisconsin USA
Is this proposal reasonable for Blaze King Ultra install? Not sure why he didn't itemize the chimney parts.
The stove will be installed in the basement in a ranch style house
36" black double wall flue pipe
10' chimney inside garage
6' above the roof.
He didn't say if he needed to extend the chimney, I believe the Ultra requires 20' or 24'
I'm not sure what all parts are needed

Est..png

Is this proposal reasonable for Blaze King Ultra install? Not sure why he didn't itemize the chimney parts.
The stove will be installed in the basement in a ranch style house
36" black double wall flue pipe
10' chimney inside garage
6' above the roof.
He didn't say if he needed to extend the chimney, I believe the Ultra requires 20' or 24'
I'm not sure what all parts are needed

View attachment 308458
No…… nothing is reasonable anymore…..
Seriously though, it’s likely about the best they can do, the class A stovepipe has gone outa this world in the last 2 years, along with just about everything else..

depends, how bad do you want it. It wont be any cheaper next year

depends, how bad do you want it. It wont be any cheaper next year
That's my thinking, might as well act on it now. My original plan awhile back was to install a wood stove in a few years and in the mean time, continue running my OWB for a few more years.

At least now, after the wood stove install, I can run it during the shoulder months, Sep, Oct then again in May, instead of running my LP furnace during these shoulder months.