Is this safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's a top-vented stove. webby3650's suggestion is the best option. We have an adjustable (telescoping) stove pipe that makes fitting the stovepipe easy. Sometimes this just takes replacing the lower section of the stovepipe.

Can you post a picture of the whole stove pipe?
ahem, joops suggestion thank you.i don't get that many right,at least gimme credit when i do ;lol

Reactions: GrammyPammy
Here’s the whole shebang! All advice and suggestions appreciated!

ED058A06-3D21-4134-982F-F930D75887A2.jpeg

Reactions: Dieselhead
And when
It's a top-vented stove. webby3650's suggestion is the best option. We have an adjustable (telescoping) stove pipe that makes fitting the stovepipe easy. Sometimes this just takes replacing the lower section of the stovepipe.

Can you post a picture of the whole stove pipe?
just posted the picture….. now I’m wondering when begreen says “we have an adjustable stove pipe”, do you mean it is something I can buy from you all, or that they are available, say, from the dealer who installed my stove?

The bottom length looks new. They should have put in an adjustable (telescoping) section of pipe at the bottom.
The dealer and online sellers sell stove pipe. Is this Selkirk DSP pipe?

The bottom length looks new. They should have put in an adjustable (telescoping) section of pipe at the bottom.
The dealer and online sellers sell stove pipe. Is this Selkirk DSP pipe?
Yes, the bottom section and collar are new. When the stove was installed, that section had not arrived yet. They came back 2 weeks later to attach the new section….I don’t know the brand. Was waiting to call the dealer till I heard back from some of you on this. There was a sticky label attached to the back of the pipe, but I removed it before the first burn. I can find out if it is Selkirk DSP - and what do I do with that information then?

It looks like the bottom section is 48". If so, it could get replaced with an adjustable length that can go from 38" to 68". This probably should be done by the dealer given the long length of stove pipe there. Or you can just accept it the way it is installed. It's not dangerous. The bolts can hold the load.

It looks like the bottom section is 48". If so, it could get replaced with an adjustable length that can go from 38" to 68". This probably should be done by the dealer given the long length of stove pipe there. Or you can just accept it the way it is installed. It's not dangerous. The bolts can hold the load.
Thanks for the reassurance that the bolts can hold the load! That means I can use it while I wait for the repair. After going 14 yrs with one that never worked correctly and always waiting for that dealer to come fix something, I’d rather start out with everything the best way possible! I’ve spent enough on this that I would rather spend a little more (hopefully only a little) and get it done now. Whew! Thanks to everyone that chimed in, I SO appreciate the knowledge and experience that gets shared on here. Now back to reading thru previous threads - yehawwwww …. lots more to learn!

Based on the fire showing in your avatar, it looks like you are off to a good start.

The Alderlea is a beautiful stove. Love the trivets!

Based on the fire showing in your avatar, it looks like you are off to a good start.
Thanks. And thanks to you for posting the info/vid on break in burns, loading a T6, etc! I don’t like to begin until I have all the information and had searched the dealer and Alderlea websites plus various other places on the net. This was the ONLY place that provided clear, concise info. THANKS!

Thanks everyone, for the quick and helpful responses. Much appreciated.

Still waiting for a reply from the dealer - his voice mail is always full so I sent an email on Wed. I see that there are 1” pads that could be put over the existing pad to raise the level to meet the feet. Going to ask him if that would be easier then replacing a section of pipe.

I am LOVING this T6! So easy to load and start. Love the top down start, too! Had enough large coals yesterday morning to be able to just add wood and it took right off. Then cruised along about 500 for hours. Warmed up in the afternoon so I let it die down. This morning there was NO smoke on a cold start! That is a FIRST!

There was some brown on the glass from that last couple hours as it cooled down below the optimal burn zone yesterday. Is there something I can do to prevent that or just plan on cleaning the glass each time?

I like begreens tag line about the operator being a big variable - but would like to add, having the right equipment is the other half of that equation! This T6 is the RIGHT STUFF

Adjustable length with a slip joint is the way to go. I have one on my PE Vista and it makes it very easy for my sweep to disassemble to clean my flue. It would solve your height issue.