It Begins...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Temps in the 20s. House getting a tad too chilly for The Princess, so I cut into the wrap
on pallet #1 & bag #1 is in the hopper. 224 bags to go.

Welcome to the 17-18 heating season.
I'm 4 bags into a fresh pallet. The first of 4 pallets unless oil gets cheaper.
Well at least now we know we will be spending our next 20 Sundays doing the weekly cleaning. lol
---Nailer---

Reactions: Harmanizer
Yup I’m glad we’re burning. I’m trying some Logike soft wood super premium. They burn real nice and not much ash. Almost like Vermont’s.

Reactions: Harmanizer
Yeah, I'm in my second bag now...Do not know how many are left to burn this year.

17 bags in, 339 to go.

I quit paying attention to counts and start up times with the weather swings here. If I need to warm the place I just do it. I would ride it out until I'm cold in warm clothes but the wife has other thoughts...... Gotta pick your battles. Colder here lately and I'm already into my winter wear. Shorts, a T shirt and flip flops. I'll be in my winter uniform from here on out. Been there and done that. I figure ah, what the hell. Yes, Dear....... as I mumble otherwise.

Reactions: jackhammer
I am about 10 bags into some still rivers I got really cheap...now I know why. Its still cold in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: the pony boy