It's about that time..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creekheat

Feeling the Heat
Feb 2, 2014
Ny
image.jpeg I'm going to try and make it another couple weeks but the time to burn is almost at hand.
Wood is ready, my Jotul F55 is ready and we are definitely ready....

I may have to fire a short load Mon. AM, then we should be able to make it until Thursday, when temps go back to low 60s/low 40s....then another break after that. But I've already burned, a couple weeks ago when it got cool. I need to get the Keystone sealed and back on line, but I've been busy outside.

A few night fires in the pellet basket in the 30-NC. Trying to keep my paws off of the woodpile.

Gonna be sorry in the morning that I didn't do it again tonight.

Got about 10 fires this season so far. Exclusively poplar and only to take the chill outta the house on a few nights. Poplar burns so fast. Cant wait for cooler weather and big splits of maple.

We had a morning fire a couple days ago as the morning temp started out at 47F.

Status
Not open for further replies.