It's GREAT to be back! VC Dauntless Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

govmule84

Nov 13, 2008
Macungie, PA
Hey y'all!

It's great to be back. My wife and I had a cool house in Connecticut back in 2007-9. We had an older Vermont Castings catalytic stove which I wound up repairing all the time, and Google led me to this place, which was one of the best places to find. You guys helped me so much!

So, we then moved to Philly. Natural gas for three years. Booooooring! And nowhere to split or stack solid fuel. We left this summer.

Moved to a place out in the woods again, and now we have a Harman Advance and a Vermont Castings Dauntless 174. The Harman, oddly enough, is really easy - I thought it would be a learning curve, but it's cake! I'm not sold on pellets yet, but whatver.

The Dauntless isn't giving me trouble, but I don't have a manual for it. I did figure out how to fold the doors back, but I can't find the damned flue control - or any other controls, except for the door tension latch adjustment.

Can any of you guys give me a crash course in this thing? It heats great, considering how tiny the firebox is on it.

Thanks!
-L.

I'm not sure there is a lot of control with this stove. From the look of it, it's essentially a Franklin fireplace with glass doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.