Its nice to be back.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Well, after 8 days without power due to the Ice Storm, and having Comcast finally restore our services after being down since Dec 11th, all I can say that it is nice to be back. I knew that I liked this board greatly, but it was truly a bummer not having access for almost 2 weeks.
Hope you all have a great holiday season.

Yup, it was rough...but we made it. If it was just my wife and I it probably wouldnt have been as bad, but factor in the mother in law and 3 kids under 6....2 sick with the stomach thing for 5 days and no flushing toilets it made for a rough expereince...can look back now and perhaps laugh about in in a year or so. Funny thing was, I had 2 comcast trucks stuck in my driveway yesterday that had promised to show up for the last 6 days...my wife brought out a shovel so they could dig out...I was at work, and I said take the shovel back until that line is connected from my house to the pole :)
Good luck in getting your service back...bundles are nice for saving some $$$...but this is going to have me reconsider not having phone/internet/cable all with one carrier.

ilikewood said:
Good luck in getting your service back...bundles are nice for saving some $$$...but this is going to have me reconsider not having phone/internet/cable all with one carrier.

Same here, since Comcast claimed there were no outages in our area and they could schedule a service call for Jan 14th. After I pointed out that there was a pregnant woman in the house and a young child and no way to call an ambulance or the fire department, mysteriously my service started working again a few hours later. If it goes out again with the same crappy response from Comcast, we're switching back to regular phone service.

Status
Not open for further replies.