It's really bugging me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schlot

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2011
Iowa
I split and stacked the last of my ash yesterday. In the next to last round I split, I found a large pale green grub (sorry didn't have my phone with me). It was probably 2" to 3" long, right in the middle of the round. Any idea on what kind of bug I was looking at?

I'd have to see a picture to even take a stab at it. I highly doubt its an EAB, they are very small. It sounds by your description hat its a big grub.....

I'd have to see a picture to even take a stab at it. I highly doubt its an EAB, they are very small. It sounds by your description hat its a big grub.....

It was fairly big. It was also about the diameter of my finger too.

I called the district forester and waiting for his call back.

Reactions: ScotO
Talked with the forester. He said more than likely it was a ash borer, but not the EAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.