It's that time of year again...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
...for a visit from the wood guy.
Can't start right away because of health issues. With my general state of decrepitude, I never know if I can get through the pile. If I do get through this load, I may have to skip a year, simply because there's no room. Then again...

20170516_103731.jpg

looks great. its all square an neat :)

Any idea what you ended up paying per FC? I did some math and a truckload was about 600-700. I was getting split and delivered for $55/FC and all of that work would have saved me about $10/FC.

You're pretty close to my neck of the woods.

I paid 750 for the log load, so 100 per real cord and 33 for fake cord.
It's not just about cost, but quality. My splits are just the way I like, plus I'm not thinking "did I get a full cord or not".
It's also something to do, hah hah.

I paid 750 for the log load, so 100 per real cord and 33 for fake cord.
It's not just about cost, but quality. My splits are just the way I like, plus I'm not thinking "did I get a full cord or not".
It's also something to do, hah hah.
I agree, cost isn't a big player in my book. It's about getting out and excersing, running saws etc. it's fun to me. Some people think that's nuts, but I enjoy the work. I think it's nuts that they sit on the couch for 8hrs plus a day.

I got 3 little kids. Two of them are twins. They love being involved in the wood processing. They have been helping since they could walk. Now they are 7 and 8. They graduated to driving the tractor with the wagon of splits and stacking in the racks.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Thanks guys. It's fun for a while, say up to 50%, then it gets more and more tedious. Still, something to do.