Jøtul F500 burn times?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

skirby1212

Jan 6, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi guys. It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I have a chance to buy a Jøtul F500. Curious if anyone can tell me how long it will burn? I used to have a Firelight 12 and loved it. Would burn overnight no problem and put off a ton of heat. I currently have an Englander cat insert and can’t for the life of me get it to burn overnight so I want to get something different. Looking to heat a 1200 sqft ranch. Would love to buy a new Blaze King but don’t want to spend the money this year on a new stove.
Thanks in advance

My friend has one, easily gets overnight burns. He told me he loads 3 times a day in cold westher.

Thank you for the reply. Also does anyone know the total height of this stove with the short leg kit? I want to put it in my fireplace opening and I found on here that it’s 26 1/4” to the top of the pipe collar but I don’t know the height to top of stove and my fireplace opening is 27 1/2” tall so if it will fit I know it will be close

Thank you for the reply. Also does anyone know the total height of this stove with the short leg kit? I want to put it in my fireplace opening and I found on here that it’s 26 1/4” to the top of the pipe collar but I don’t know the height to top of stove and my fireplace opening is 27 1/2” tall so if it will fit I know it will be close
Unfortunately the manual has no mention of the short leg kit as an accessory, but typically the legs are 2" shorter. The stove top is about the same height at the top of the rear exit so it looks like it may be ok if the top falls around 26 1/2" with the short leg kit. I would double-check and verify measurements. Here are the dimensions with the standard legs.
Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.00.56 PM.png

I currently have an Englander cat insert and can’t for the life of me get it to burn overnight
I didn't know they made such an animal. What model is that?

Keep an eye out for a Hampton H300 too.

Very cool. I have seen a 24-ACD, but never in insert form. The 24-ACD was reported to be a reasonably good heater. I'm surprised you are not able to get an overnight burn with this stove. It should be right sized for the space.

The stove does heat good but takes a while to heat up. My problem is I don’t want to start a new fire every morning. It’s a cat stove and I put a brand new cat in it before I used it and have been burning with it since mid November and no matter what I do it’s out when I wake up unless I restock it at midnight or later and wake up at 7 or 8. I’m getting too old I guess. Lol or I’m just too used to the burn times I got out of my Jøtul Firelight 12 which is too big for this house