Jamestown J1000 1994 Auger keeps running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Antoine

Oct 18, 2019
Canada
Hello,

First post here, hopefully you guys can help me figure this out.

My pellet stove had an issue with it's high limit snap disc so as a test I bypassed it which confirmed the disc was faulty.

However my piece of wire fell off and created a short which blew the 6 AMP fuse on the control board and I'm thinking something else blew along with it but I don't know what.

Here's what still works;

Fan works
Fan knob works, adjusting it makes the fan turn faster/slower
Reset button works (The one that should control the power sent to the auger)

Basically I can light a fire and it will work but that's the problem it works way too much.

Even with the switch on (reset button not pressed, so normally no power to the auger) The auger is feeding pellets like it's on a mission to burn it all.

Doesn't matter what setting the fan knob is at, it will drop pellets like crazy and the flames gets pretty big (clearly it's not safe to leave it running like that for too long)

I don't think the control board is shot but I could be wrong.
high limit sensor / snap disc works (it cuts power to the auger when temps gets too high)
Suspecting maybe the low limit sensor?

If you've got any ideas about what could be wrong, I'm all ears!

Thanks

A short to ground probably welded the contact on the feed selonoid or triac and optoisolater. Difficult board to replace being so old

Hello,

First post here, hopefully you guys can help me figure this out.

My pellet stove had an issue with it's high limit snap disc so as a test I bypassed it which confirmed the disc was faulty.

However my piece of wire fell off and created a short which blew the 6 AMP fuse on the control board and I'm thinking something else blew along with it but I don't know what.

Here's what still works;

Fan works
Fan knob works, adjusting it makes the fan turn faster/slower
Reset button works (The one that should control the power sent to the auger)

Basically I can light a fire and it will work but that's the problem it works way too much.

Even with the switch on (reset button not pressed, so normally no power to the auger) The auger is feeding pellets like it's on a mission to burn it all.

Doesn't matter what setting the fan knob is at, it will drop pellets like crazy and the flames gets pretty big (clearly it's not safe to leave it running like that for too long)

I don't think the control board is shot but I could be wrong.
high limit sensor / snap disc works (it cuts power to the auger when temps gets too high)
Suspecting maybe the low limit sensor?

If you've got any ideas about what could be wrong, I'm all ears!

Thanks
The Jamestown site has been down for a couple of months and when it was up I failed to download the Owners-Manual-Revision94.pdf file. Does anyone still have that file handy?