jamestown j2000 auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your rubber hose from the exhaust fan to the vacuum switch on the left side in back of your stove... hose gets hard from the heat and can be cracked or split were it connects to exhaust fan.
If you find it cracked cut about a half inch off the hose and reattach...auger motor will not run if you have vacuum leak at the vacuum switch.
Good luck...

quote="eauto, post: 1353748, member: 26455"]installed new auger motor green light comes on auger not engaging? what to do>?[/quote]

Might also be one of the snap discs. Check them all - some are make, and some are break - can't remember which off the top of my head. Find out which is what and use a multi-meter to confirm quality. The hi-temp cut-off switch (high on the right looking at the stove from in front) has a reset button. It might be as simple as resetting that.

Might also be one of the snap discs. Check them all - some are make, and some are break - can't remember which off the top of my head. Find out which is what and use a multi-meter to confirm quality. The hi-temp cut-off switch (high on the right looking at the stove from in front) has a reset button. It might be as simple as resetting that.
New to the forum not trying to highjack ,but have either of you guys used any aftermarket stuff on ur jamestown stoves with any luck ? blowers and such

Yeah, my combustion blower is a complete hack - replaced with a custom job I built that goes on the top of the stack outside. Largely for sound considerations. Distribution blower seems almost impossible to find the exact item except from Jamestown - and they're pricey. That said, they're well-made, easy to dismantle and maintain, so the very-used, possibly original one that came on my stove ('00 J1kB) is still doing fine three seasons later. They use bronze bushings instead of bearings - if you keep them clean and oiled they'll just keep on going. The snap discs aren't too hard to come by. There are some good guys doing board repair for JT stoves too. Once I got mine tweaked up the way I wanted, it's been totally reliable.

Yeah, my combustion blower is a complete hack - replaced with a custom job I built that goes on the top of the stack outside. Largely for sound considerations. Distribution blower seems almost impossible to find the exact item except from Jamestown - and they're pricey. That said, they're well-made, easy to dismantle and maintain, so the very-used, possibly original one that came on my stove ('00 J1kB) is still doing fine three seasons later. They use bronze bushings instead of bearings - if you keep them clean and oiled they'll just keep on going. The snap discs aren't too hard to come by. There are some good guys doing board repair for JT stoves too. Once I got mine tweaked up the way I wanted, it's been totally reliable.

My stove has been a basement dweller for the last 4 years heating are hardwood on the first floor. In jan it made its way upstairs when the cold hit . The semi loud blowers aren't to bad but quieter would be better . The only problem I've had in 4 years is an auger motor . Knock on wood ! Work a little search fu and found ur blower post that thing is sweet. I love that idea . I've searched all over for a high temp inline blower with no luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.