Joining the community

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The flip flopper has made a move.

The wife and I went down to the dealers warehouse today, a sea of soapstone in crates, and paid for our Mansfield. It was really hard to make a decision because both stoves seem like they would be great, I think it came down to a dealerthat was a little more flexable on price and a little more laid back in atitude combined with the inherant material advantages that soapstone delivers, that swung us to Hearthstone in the end.

It's a mat black with no extras and will be delivered Saturday after next.

We paid 2,200 + 150 tax + 100 delivery... I real good deal on the eve of the price hike.

So now I have a stove and a 316 Ti flex liner kit.

Still have to pick up the insulation wrap and steel blockoffs.

Thanks again all for all the help to date... will be posting with more when the time comes.

Marty in many senses the hardest part is done. Nice stovew choice

What Hot Flame an I did was buy a common piece of sheet metal form home cheapo I used a piece of cardboard as a template and cut the sheet metal to size. (For Blocking of the damper)

using tap cons I fastened it in place Home Cheapo also sells #M FIRE BLOCK SEALANT FB 136 We used to caulk in the plate then around the liner hole It can also be used on the flue collar connection as well.

There are kits one can buy as well for the damper and top of the flue cover

Status
Not open for further replies.