jotul 3cb glass fogging question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snosurfa7

Hearth Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
VA
Is the glass supposed to fog up on my Jotul 3CB? First night first burn ever did not fog. Tonight it fogged up - I thought it had that special glass which was not supposed to fog...I am breaking it in per manual instructions, on the second break-in burn tonight around 300 degrees, first night around 200 degrees.

Happens, you will be alright.
Chad

With the first fire in our F3 the glass fogged up. Still does when I start a fire with a cold stove and empty ash pan. By the third breakin it was pretty black (see my avatar), but it all burned off and stays clean. That glass is the gauge for clean burning. Good luck with your stove, it's a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.