Jotul 600 door replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

josephorpen

Jul 24, 2022
Devon
Hi,

I have a green Jotul 600 in my horsebox conversion.

I’ve been looking at buying a glass lattice 602 door (as pictured) and wondered if this would fit / work on my stove.

Any help would be appreciaeted.

Thanks,

Joseph

4B5E74B6-6837-4D97-84CE-DAFE9090AED8.jpeg 181969E9-CD12-4FDD-B98E-ADE5D2E9139B.jpeg FD330854-548E-4EA7-9F39-108DE9F6C994.jpeg 6EBBE9A1-43F7-4F6D-857D-5E03FE7CB815.jpeg

No. The door on the F602 has flat sides, so the door is flat & small. The F600 has rounded sides & Doors. The sealing gaskets on the 602 door won’t seal the fire box on the 600.

Reactions: josephorpen
No. The door on the F602 has flat sides, so the door is flat & small. The F600 has rounded sides & Doors. The sealing gaskets on the 602 door won’t seal the fire box on the 600.
Bugger. Thanks for your reply 👍🏼 ill stick with what I have then.

That's a beautiful color. I have not seen a Jotul in wine bottle green before. Was the stove restored?

Thank you, yes it’s a beaut isn’t it! I believe this is the original colour but they only released a limited amount. The stove was cleaned up by a restored but it was in great condition. It matches the colour of our truck - see photo 😊👍🏼

CB381872-A4D7-4517-9C63-B056CFEDE5D8.jpeg

It looks like a nice cabin setting for the stove, though I am concerned about the short hearth and proximity of the divan in front of it. In the US the stove would require 16" of hearth in front of the stove door and 36" to any combustible in front. Embers can pop out of the stove unexpectedly when the door is open. If the stove is to be run sometimes with the door open then a firescreen should be made to fit it safely. Is the floor brick or other non-combustible material?

Reactions: josephorpen
It looks like a nice cabin setting for the stove, though I am concerned about the short hearth and proximity of the divan in front of it. In the US the stove would require 16" of hearth in front of the stove door and 36" to any combustible in front. Embers can pop out of the stove unexpectedly when the door is open. If the stove is to be run sometimes with the door open then a firescreen should be made to fit it safely. Is the floor brick or other non-combustible material?
Thanks. The door is rarely opened, just for a photo such as these 👍🏼 Never had any issues in all the years ive used it but appreciate your concern