Jotul Castine 400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2011
central Texas
I had a stove cleaner come through today and clean things up for the winter. Anyhow, I noticed the fire rope is not uniform. I have attached pictures, but is it fine to burn like shown, or I do I need to get in there and use a sneaky pete to pull it to?

Also, I am a bit of a visual learner so a picture would help if available. Thanks.

IMG_5325.JPG IMG_5326.JPG

I think the chimney sweep or maybe another person before you added that rope. I don't think it's suppose to be there. That back panel is just a cover, under it is firebrick, no reason for the gasket. I've taken several apart and don't remember any rope there.

The gasket is exactly where you want it, based on the second pic. The guy did well. The back of the stove there is that shape, all is well. Looks the same as my castine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.